Our Blog Roll, Twitter handles, group designations
Setting up your WordPress blog for Weekly Writings (http://wordpress.com)
This is where you’ll post your weekly writings about all things technology and literature. You will be given a specific prompt and a tag that needs to be included (so I can find your post) for each of these posts. For more about tags, see here: http://en.support.wordpress.com/posts/tags/
- At the above URL, click on “Get Started” to set up your blog. If you already blog with WordPress, please set up a new blog for our class this semester.
- We will use the basic WordPress blog (which is free). Fill out the form with your email address, user name, password.
- For your blog url, use the following naming protocol: lastname108gaming. Example: Harris108gaming
- Once in your blog, you may want to customize the look of it. The only restriction for your blog: please don’t use white text on black background. It’s very difficult to read. See here for help: http://en.support.wordpress.com/customize-my-site/
- Each post will be time-stamped; this helps me determine if you posted on time each week. You’ll need to set the timezone for your blog. See instructions here along with other information on General Settings: http://en.support.wordpress.com/settings/general-settings/ Be sure to enable comments. If anyone comments (that’s the goal!), you’ll have to approve them before everyone can see them. (See here for more help: http://en.support.wordpress.com/category/comments/)
VERY IMPORTANT: When you have created your blog, go to our Google Drive spreadsheet and include your blog’s URL as well as your email address.